The North Carolina Tar Heels claimed another ACC Tournament Championship on Sunday just days after winning another ACC Regular Season Championship in the storied program’s history. We now now what the future beholds for the Tar Heels in the NCAA Tournament.
The Tar Heels will host yet again another regional round of NCAA Tournament. Hosting the regional means they will welcome Florida Atlantic (39-20; Sun Belt champions), Towson (29-28; CAA champions), and Canisius (42-15; MAAC champions).
Carolina kicks off the tournament against Canisius on Friday at 6 P.M. at the Bosh!
After a 52-8 season thus far the Tar Heels look to add more wins to their win column.
North Carolina joins four other ACC schools selected to be a host for this year’s regional round. Other teams hosting regional rounds of this year’s baseball tournament include:
- Baton Rouge, La. (LSU)
- Blacksburg, Va. (Virginia Tech)
- Bloomington, Ind. (Indiana)
- Chapel Hill, N.C. (North Carolina)
- Charlottesville, Va. (Virginia)
- Columbia, S.C. (South Carolina)
- Corvallis, Ore. (Oregon State)
- Eugene, Ore. (Oregon)
- Fullerton, Calif. (Cal State Fullerton)
- Los Angeles, Calif. (UCLA)
- Louisville, Ky. (Louisville)
- Manhattan, Kan. (Kansas State)
- Nashville, Tenn. (Vanderbilt)
- Raleigh, N.C. (North Carolina State)
- Starkville, Miss. (Mississippi State)
- Tallahassee, Fla. (Florida State)
Follow @bryantdouglass on Twitter!