We’ve all been there. You’re out of high blood pressure medication. Favorite cap has been thrown. Dog has been kicked and remote control thrown at the tv. The ranting and raving hasn’t helped, and you’re still hopping mad because the Tar Heels have allowed a mediocre Virginia Tech team to start the game with a 12-0 run at the Smith Center. It’s too early to be this mad. But anger has been a common theme among Tar Heel fans this season as we’ve survived and struggled but still managed a 15-6 record entering February. This season has been frustrating enough to drive you to drink. So here are few suggestions for the next time you tune into a Tar Heel game.
Now, all of us here at Keeping It Heel encourage our readers to drink responsibly and do not encourage drinking and driving (or dog kicking for that matter). So, if you’re not at home and are going to drink, please designate a driver. But don’t worry, your DD can still play by the following rules.
Tar Heel Drinking Game for the Designated Driver
- Joel James hits a 3-Pointer
- Roy Williams calls a time-out to stop a run in the 1st half
- Stillman White returns early from his mission trip to suit up for the Tar Heels
- No one over the age of 60 has left for the parking lot with a 10 point lead and less than 2 minutes left in the game
- An announcer says that the Dean Dome is louder than Cameron Indoor
- Michael Jordan’s jersey falls from the rafters
- Roy gets 2 technical fouls and has to leave the game
Now, there are also times when a game is on during the week, and you might have to work the next morning. You can’t get hammered, but the game is going so poorly that you need just a nip to calm your nerves and make it until the final buzzer.
“Tipsy” Tar Heel Drinking Game
- Roy throws his jacket (2 sips if his glasses fall off in the process)
- James Michael McAdoo completes a 3 point play at the free throw line (an extra sip if it’s nothing but net)
- J.P. Tokoto scores 2
- Desmond Hubert grabs a rebound
- McAdoo gets a steal
- An announcer mentions Duke even though they are not playing
- Jackson Simmons enters the game
Then there are going to be times, much like the NC State game in Raleigh when the Tar Heels are playing so poorly that the only thing to do besides renouncing your Tar Heel Nation citizenship is to drink until you forget that you are a fan of such a horrible team.
- McAdoo misses a dunk
- A Tar Heel misses a lay-up or a shot under the basket
- Dexter Strickland commits a turnover
- Hairston, Bullock or McDonald shoots a 3 pointer. (3 drinks if it’s an air ball)
- Brice Johnson pouts
- The opponent makes an uncontested lay-up
- A UNC player dribbles the ball off his foot. (Chug your drink if his name is Marcus Paige)
Topics: North Carolina Tar Heels