Each year North Carolina Tar Heels basketball kicks off with Late Night with Roy. Carolina head coach Roy Williams’ status for Late Night have yet to be determined. Williams recently underwent a successful surgery to remove a tumor in his kidney which have been found as non-cancerous. Though it is likely coach will be in attendance, nothing has been confirmed.
Personally, I love Late Night. The kids get down and have a good time, we get to watch a scrimmage. Stupid dances and everybody has a good time, best of all, admission is free, a perfect way to kick off the season!
The University recently released details of the event (details from goheels.com)
Late Night with Roy 2012, to be held on Friday, October 12th at the Dean E. Smith Center. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and the event will kick off at 7:30 p.m.
Admission is free with general admission seating.
The event will be streamed online by ESPN3. Portions of the event could also be featured on ESPNU’s 2012-13 season kickoff show that begins at 9 p.m.
Chapel Hill Transit will run from the Friday Center beginning at 6:30 p.m. for $5 (round-trip). Visit Chapel Hill Transit’s website for more information on the Tar Heel Express shuttle buses.
- All parking is $10 per automobile.
- No parking for Late Night will be available prior to 4 p.m.
- Approximately 300 spaces will become available 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. in the Rams Head Deck.
- Parking will then be on a first-come, first-served basis in the Rams Head Deck as spaces become available toward the end of the work day.
- The Craige Deck will open at 4 p.m.
- Parking will become available at 5 p.m. in the Manning and Bowles Lots and in the Jackson Deck.
- Disability parking will be in the Williamson Lot.
Tags: North Carolina Tar Heels